0 FPS 0 Speed on FE Fates Special Edition

Issue:
Decided to try out Fire Emblem Fates on Citra due to seeing mods for it. Had two issues with it running so far. First one is when I try to save the game Citra just fully crashes but due to save states I just ignore that problem. My current issue at the moment is after I make my character and get into the prologue, as soon as I select my one only character I get 0 FPS 0 Speed and Citra only closes if I use task manager (Citra just goes to not responding and doesn’t close). Not really sure if it’s due to this specific game or some setting I have.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2400
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1766
  • Game: Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (2.3 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1766   HEAD-a6e7a81
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz | AVX
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           512.77
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [ ]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
  • Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
  • You have mods installed. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

I did try without mods before but just for this test I removed them and tried with Vsync on and Accurate Multiplication on. Same issue, here’s the log report for any possible new info.

citra_log.txt (5.0 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

citra_log.txt (2.3 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1766   HEAD-a6e7a81
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz | AVX
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           512.77
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Save states cannot be used as regular save files. Save states don’t just record your progress, but the entirety of the emulation state. Saving upon save state created progress effectively means that any bugs or faults in the emulation are never excluded from your game’s progress. This makes things really unstable in the long run. They’re meant to be used within single gaming sessions, not beyond them.

Your log file indicates that after loading your save state, Citra immediately encounters unmapped reads. So that save state is most likely useless now.

Please start your game normally, and attempt to save in-game as soon as you can. If you encounter the crashing issue you spoke of, please upload a log file for me to look at.

Tried again from the start and had no issues. Was able to fully save in game without relying on save states. Don’t have any issues now sides a little lag every now and then but that’s minor. Thanks!