20 minute startup on fire emblem awakening

Title states it. Essentially my computer slows down to the point in which I can’t do anything except wait for the game to load for the next 20 minutes. The issue could be attributed to my computer’s age as it is 3 years old atm but I doubt it. Beforehand the game was just fine and only began when I started updating Citra. It’s only the startup that takes 20 minutes afterwards the game runs as usual. Please explain how i may fix this as i love this game and do wish to play it further but the 20 minute time to only LOAD the game is insufferable.

This is a 3 year old lenovo legion y520 laptop
CPU : 2.8GHz Intel Core i7-7700HQ (dual-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.8GHz)
Graphics : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB GDDR5 RAM); Intel HD Graphics 630
RAM : 16GB DDR4 (2,400MHz, PC4-2400, SODIMM)

Citra version Canary 1520

I will update this with a log as soon as possible but as I have stated it takes 20 minutes to load the game in the first place so please bear with me

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Most likely an issue with the Disk Shader Cache. You can turn it off in the graphics options in Citra.

Thank you so much! I saw changes immediately! it booted up in SECONDS after i disabled disk shader cache!