3ds save file to PC and Miis

Issue:
How do I transfer save files from my 3ds to use in Citra?
For example I have nearly a 100% completion on my MK7 game on my 3ds, only lacking the gold kart, how do I get my progress for citra? also how do i get Mii files from my 3ds?

Windows 10

• Citra Version 1645
  • Game: Mario kart 7

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

You can use either threeSD or Checkpoint to transfer your save files. Miis are stored in the Extra Data archive f000000b. Check the tutorials below for detailed explanations.

1 Like

thank you for the help!! your the best :slight_smile:
P.S. if you can could you answer these questions as well? -
Noob who requires help - Citra Support - Citra Community (citra-emu.org)

i still need help with the mii problem
i still cant get them for my games (ie mario kart 7 & mii maker it) just shows a :no_entry_sign: :

Those graphics are the result of Citra’s open source replacements to prevent users from crashing. You’ll need to dump some specific files from your 3DS/2DS in order to solve that issue.
Follow this guide: https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console/

is 3dsutils safe? i havent heard of anyone else using it

It is safe. Lots of users have used it in the past. Though you can always use ThreeSD for this as well, though that will also dump pretty much everything else you might ever need from your 3ds/2ds so it will take a little longer. ThreeSD will also kindly deposit everything in the correct folders in citra automatically (if you follow the guide), which is a nice feature that 3dsutils doesn’t have. But yea, it’s safe.

so should i just go ahead and use threesd? i preety much have everthing else i need with the games i use except my mii in mk7

so what do you recomend i do?

The choice is yours. 3dsutils will get you exactly the files you need (takes less time). ThreeSD will get you the files you need + a whole lot more (takes longer).

1 Like

will I need to delete my dumps so it doesnt interfere? (threeSD)

Edit: nvr mind it doesnt

thank you for the help your the best :slight_smile:

i am sorry to bother you but how do i download there release, it is a 7Z file (??) and it says to extract it but you only do that with a .zip

can i do it with 7-Zip?

can any one help with this?

I cant figure out how to use threesd cause it is a 7z file :frowning:

Just use 7-Zip, WinRAR, WinZip or any other file archiver software to unpack that file.

thank you very much :slight_smile: