50 minutes in, FPS dips begin

Issue:
Just wondering if this has been bought up. I don’t know if its game specific, or if this is a new issue but after about 50 minutes, I start experience FPS dips going down to 70% of the speed. It lasts for about 1 second, and it takes another second to ramp up back to 100% speed. It comes at about every 40-50 seconds. I have XTU open so it’s not thermal issues. It requires me to re-open citra to achieve 100% play-ability again.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: 8750H 2.20Ghz
  • GPU: GTX 1060
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 605, 635 and Nightly 806 and 817
  • Game: Fire Emblem Fates

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping. citra_log.txt (67.8 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Just out of curiosity, did you save around that time mark? if you did, it was before or after this fps drop happened? your log shows that around 1hr of gameplay, some errors regarding accessing save game. just a guess as it may correlate (probably not).

I did not. I have a rough timestamp of my activity.

I started up Citra and loaded my save, which took less than a minute. I played for about 60 minutes before I was able to save the game (That last ten minutes had the FPS dips). I did the inventory for about 5 minutes (FPS dips still going), saved again and paused Citra where I then created this thread.

I resumed Citra to see if the dips were happening, and they were. So I restarted it and observed the dips are gone.

2 Likes