9/20 citra update voided controllers

I updated to the 9/20/21 version of Citra nightly and suddenly any controller I use is non-responsive. It still registers on the pc and works fine on other pcs, but after reinstalling Citra, reconnecting controllers and trying to reconfigure controls in citra for controller nothing responds.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly
  • Game: any and all
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar)
    :citra_log.txt (5.7 KB)

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

What controller are you using? Is your controller connected via bluetooth or cable?
Also, do you perhaps have Steam running the background? That can sometimes cause controller driver issues as well.

I’m using a switch cable controller. I had been able to use it for a couple weeks prior to this update, if at any point Steam opens I immediately close it (one of the buttons sometimes opens it).

Had the same issue with a xbox360 wired controller. I went back to Nightly Build - 4817b00 and the controller works fine.

Our recent Citra version made changes to sdl, so perhaps your old config file is now incompatible. Go to File>Open Citra Folder, then open up the config folder and delete the qt-config.ini file found here. Now restart Citra and map your controller again. Let us know if this fixed it.