A question about crossplay multiplayer

Issue:
Hi, first I wanna say thank you to the developers, ever since my 3DS was stolen I just thought I was never going to play again (buying a 3DS at this point, not really sure), not with my laptop wich isn’t great at all, but I can play and decently thanks to you guys.

This is the first time I asked in this forums and I know connecting to Nintendo servers for crossplay with 3DS user will most likely never happen and that’s fine I guess. Having said that, what about local crossplay? Me using Citra and a friend using a real 3DS in the same wifi is it possible? If it is, how? Also we’ve been using Zerotier to play some games (Mindustry, Terraria, etc) what’s that called? Port Forwarding? Now I’m not a tech-savvy guy but that seems like “emulating” a local network over the internet and distances to make it like we’re on the same network right? Is that possible with a 3DS and Citra?

Too much text I’m sorry, but basically what I want is play with a friend that can’t run Citra but still has a N3DS. To play like we used to before those punks robbed me on a bus…

Thanks.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i3
  • GPU: Intel UHD 620
  • Citra Version: Nightly 1511
  • Game: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.