A way to decrypt a .sav file?

Hello, i would like to propose to Citra developers an idea that could further improve the emulation experience, no. Which could revolutionize Citra. I looked everywhere, no one, no one had the idea to create a 3DS save extractor for Citra without having to use a Nintendo 3DS. As below i have an image that shows a backup in .sav format, an .sav file contains the game ID, once extracted there is the real save that can be manipulated and used with the emulator.

I’d like to extract it without going through 3DS. How do i do that ? As you can see, Citra does not detect encrypted saves and the only way to decrypt these saves is to use JKSM. But JKSM doesn’t work with Citra, no matter how hard i tried with a CIA file, no way…

If someone has a concrete answer to put under this topic it would help me. I would like to know if there is a possibility to extract a backup in .sav format for use in the emulator. If there are not any, it would be very advantageous to develop a way to extract the saves without using a console !

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

this is a very nice idea I also hope that they allow Nintendo network to be used on citra

1 Like

Did you try using Checkpoint?

I’ve tried everything, but i only know the decryption method with 3DS, without console impossible to decrypt .sav files.

Theoretically there is a way. @wwylele has made nice python tools!

Unfortunately I never got it to work for savefiles even though it works for extdata and sysdata.

1 Like