About Citra changelog

It’s just my own suggestiion but I’ve found that it’s hard to follow what are changed in each version ( for one that has no experience in coding like me). So if it’s possible, could you guys release a changelog for each version.

Btw, Thank you for your hard work.

1 Like

Anyone is free to go through the commit history. It’s publicly available here. https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/commits/master

No one currently aggregates this into change logs. The community is welcome to though!

To add what flame sage said, there is an issue with changelogs and that is you need someone who is both competent enough to understand what changed in addition to cares enough about making a good change log. So you basically need a developer who’s interested in the project enough to understand whats going on, and also cares enough about change logs to write them. To complicate things, bleeding edge and nightly are both released whenever a new commit is pushed to master, which turns out is pretty often. 1-4 times a day I figure. So writing a changelog 1 - 4 times a day doesn’t sound fun.

The preferred way would be to bundle a month or a quarters worth of changes into a blog post like dolphin does, but sadly citra doesn’t have any one that has the time to write these blog posts. :frowning:

1 Like

@paulconrad12345 Please don’t hijack topics. Open a new one OR search the forum.

Thank you for your explanations. I understand the difficulties for making change logs but I still hope there will be some (in the future, maybe when citra is more stable).

may you please add a changelog information on citra main menu?

As stated in the previous replies, figuring out the specifics of that is complicated. Who writes it? Where is it sourced from? How often should it be updated?