About Compiling Citra with MSys2

Hi! I have a very quick question about the tutorial to compile Citra with MSys2 that is linked in the wiki.

The article there tells the user to download some specific packages using MSys2’s Pacman.
Are most of those packages not available in the copy of MSys2 that devkitPro comes with, by any chance?
I’m asking because that’s the copy I already had installed because reasons, but if I try to get the packages specified there, I get an error telling me that certain packages couldn’t be found.

If I try to use pacman -Sl to get a list of the packages available, these are the only mingw related ones that pop up.

With that being said, I wanted to ask: Is the tutorial outdated, or maybe I just need to get MSys2 from its official website specifically?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Check if your mirrorlist.msys (\msys64\etc\pacman.d) contains all repositories:

btw this question is more appropriated for the devkitpro forum or any other related forum.

its better since its updated.

1 Like

It does. The only difference I can spot is that the link to the 3rd mirror (futureware.at) was using “http” instead of “https” on my end.
Changing that didn’t seem to fix my problem though. The mingw related packages mentioned in the tutorial are still missing on my end if I check the list of packages with pacman -Sl u_u …

I see. Thanks. I guess I should take this question there then.
EDIT: Or maybe I shouldn’t. I think I can already guess the answer I am going to get. devkitPro is most likely not meant to allow to compile anything outside of its scope as a toolchain for console homebrew.
That might explain why it’s missing certain packages from the official MSys2 Repo, it’s because they’re not needed in the use cases of devkitPro.
I’ll just go ahead and try to use MSys2 straight from its website.

Consider this matter solved ^^