AC:NH how to create a 2nd player /profile?

Hi there.
How can I create a second player or profile in animal crossing so that my daughter can also play the game.

Best
-a-

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I created a 2nd profile in yuzu configuration, system, profile…
Now when I restarted the the game it was launched as the 2nd player.
I guess I’ll soon find out how to switch between profiles…

The game only allows a single account by design.
Set up a standalone yuzu for a second profile, do a manual download from our site, unpack it anywhere, and create a folder named user inside it. That user folder replaces the yuzu folder in Roaming, so keys and other files will go there, if you want just copy the contents of the Roaming\yuzu folder there.
That way that build is self contained and doesn’t share data with the other one, you can play a separate island and session of Animal Crossing there.

1 Like

Switching profiles (changing who the “current player” is) in yuzu achieves what I wanted: being able to allow my daughter to play on the same island as myself.
I wish there was an easier way to switch who the current player is (rather than having to go in Emulation->Configure…->System->Profiles every time, but that’s a different topic.

Now, if IIUC, what you suggest is to make a clone of the Yuzu app, right? I don’t know hot to do a manual download of yuzu. I can only find the windows installer. However, this sounds very interesting in order to play independent sessions (different islands). Thanks a lot for the heads up :slight_smile:

Best,
-a-

Here to download manual builds Releases · yuzu-emu/yuzu-mainline · GitHub
There is a checkbox on the settings to ask for the user every time you open a game.

Thank you so much :slight_smile: