With the latest Nightly Build the game Animal Crossing New Leaf will boot to a black screen and not continue. The only method I found to troubleshoot this is to start the game without the Hardware Renderer enabled, letting the game run a little, and then turning the renderer back on. It runs perfectly like it used to with this workaround but the Hardware Renderer has to be re-disabled every time to boot the game.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-6100T CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
- Citra Version (found in title bar): 1405 Nightly
- Game: Animal Crossing - New Leaf welcome amiibo
citra_log.txt (12.6 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1405 HEAD-e428509
OpenGL Vendor null
OpenGL Renderer null
OpenGL Version null
Enable Hardware Renderer [x]
Enable Hardware Shader [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders null
Enable Shader JIT [ ]
Enable Vsync null
System Region [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
Update: After looking through my settings and disabling the Disk Shader Cache (which seems like a new addition to Nightly Builds) I was able to boot up the game again like normal. Taking the Citrabot advice: Enabling Accurate Multiplication also worked (with Shader Cache on) but it ran noticeably slower than normal.