Actraiser Renaissance (64-bit) v 1.1.0

010049E013134000 |
yuzu_log.txt (29.0 KB)

Windows 10 Home x64
Core i7-9700F
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

I can get to the opening video and the title screen, but when I start the game, I can’t do anything because the background music keeps playing on the darkened screen.
Compatibility is displayed as perfect, but is it a problem because it was operated in a Japanese environment?
I have a memory that it worked normally in past versions of yuzu, but I don’t know what kind of problem is occurring in the current version.
Sorry for the poor English translation of the text by Google Translate.
Please someone tell me what to do.

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1213
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.2130)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           516.94
Host RAM                                     15.92 GiB
Host Swap                                    2.38 GiB
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [ ]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

As of 10/30/22 Actraiser won’t work when starting a “New Game” (the screen will freeze with the music still playing) It will work if you continue a saved game. You can start the game in Ryujinx and copy that save file into Yuzu. If you really like the game try the PC version, it runs great! Also, the PC save file works with Yuzu & Ryujinx, rename it from data.sav to data .

Thank you very much for giving me the correct information.
I would like to verify this matter using Ryujinx.
I thought it was a problem in the Japanese environment, but I am relieved to know that it was not the case.
I am very grateful to you.