After updating Citra, Sky is gone in Fire Emblem Fates

Issue:
So in the picture, there’s suppose to be a nice blue sky with some clouds, but it seems to have been painted over since I updated from 595 to 635. Also, I think the performance might’ve been decreased at some point; this is mostly seen during the transition to 3d battles which will cause a drop in frames causing audio stretching and the likes.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: i7 8750H 2.20Ghz
  • GPU: GTX 1060
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 635
  • Game: Fire Emblem Fates
  • Screenshot of Issue:

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping. citra_log.txt (233.6 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try to desable “Enable Hardware Shader”

Didn’t work. As far as I know, Hardware Shader graphic errors are usually more chaotic and dance-like.

The error started after updating from the relatively stable 595 to the current version.

Try to use Nightly Build.

Yeah, reverting to an older build would definitely fix it, but this was mostly to bring attention to the devs for the future if it’s not a simple fix.

1 Like

Try find the exact build where this started :slight_smile:

605 is the last working one. It’s broken thereafter

1 Like

I’m gonna assume you mean Canary 605, because the change made in Nightly 606 is logging related. From Canary 605 to Canary 606, the changes made were to the software keyboard and volume slider, which is also strange.

Ah sorry I should be more clear. The next available download for me was Canary 617, and the sky is broken there while Canary 605 still works.

This happens in Nightly? If you experience issues in Canary, you should try to reproduce it in Nightly first. It makes it much easier to bisect the issue.

No issues in Nightly, I just tested Nightly 806

Is Canary 605 really the last build to not have this issue? You can download previous builds here (click Manual Download) or here.

Well, the manual downloads went from 605 to 617 since the in-betweens only had source codes, so the one between there should identify the cause. I don’t think I want to go to the effort of building the builds myself (sorry), but if the downloads are available, I’d try them to identify the exact version.

1 Like

Is there fix for this? i have this problem too, with nightly 1251