All games Loading Shaders each launch

I use yuzu on a pc with 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G, 8 gigs of RAM, Intel Iris Xe GPU and 4 gigs of VRAM and for some reason OpenGL although loads shaders faster than Vulkan has some weird visual issues like an entire part of the screen being blacked out or bugging out so I switched to Vulkan earlier today and Smash Ultimate has crashed a fuckton so I decided to reinstall yuzu 2 to 3 times but since then each time I launch a game I have to wait around 5 or ten minutes for it to load the shaders still on Vulkan. This wasn’t happening before.

I hope to either get a fix for the OpenGL bug or for Vulkan loading shaders each launch, thanks in advance

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

yuzu_log.txt.old.txt (104.8 KB)

Smash on OpenGL, GLSL

Apart from these visual bugs it also loads shaders each boot up too which is irritating

The Intel Windows OpenGL driver is far from great, I would stick to Vulkan.
Linux is the opposite, you’d want to stick to OpenGL and avoid Vulkan for now.

1 Like

Is there anything I can do about the shaders being loaded each launch? As I stated above that hasn’t always been the case just after a couple reinstalls so I’m positive it can be fixed I just have no idea how

Oh and I also forgot to mention for some reason Vulkan SSBU crashes, a loot before or after or even between matches it’s odd any idea about that too?

Oh what the hell everything loads instantaneously now, before this it took lke 5 minutes for smash’s 6k shaders

the crashes are still present however

Smash is not stable yet, crashes are normal on any PC.
Vulkan will load shaders way faster than OpenGL.

Oh I see! Thank you. Before I toggled that option the shaders for smash took around ten minutes to load but now it loads within 5 seconds, I’m not sure that toggle was the reason but either way the problem’s fixed now which is great

1 Like