AMD Radeon RX 5700XT Compatibility with Citra with games like(OOT and Majoras Mask)

Issue:
I’m building a new gaming rig that will have an “RX 5700XT” graphics card. I was hoping to use Citra to specifically play Ocarina Of Time 3DS and Majoras Mask 3DS but I’ve heard that this graphics card (which is part of the “NAVI” AMD graphics card line up) is not supposed to be very good with Citra because the OpenGL drivers for the card aren’t very good?

I’m just wondering does anyone have any experience with using this specific card with Citra in those games at all?

I’m a bit worried that I’ve spent 400 Euros on a graphics card that wont even allow me to play the 3DS games I was hoping to play!

Any helpful information would be appreciated!

Kind regards

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
  • GPU: RX 5700XT
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game: Ocarina Of Time / Majoras Mask

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Well, see I haven’t got the new rig up and running. It’s supposed to get delivered in the new week or so.

So I don’t have any kind of debug log to upload at the moment…

You will have to setup dual boot with Linux (e.g Ubuntu) to get better OpenGL performance on Radeon.

Hey, thanks for the reply.
Can I ask is the cards performance running Citra in Ubunta comparable to say a RTX 2070 Super’s performance running Citra in Windows? Would it be basically the same?

I don’t know a direct comparison but there have been reports of 2x-3x more performance on like RX 580 in Ubuntu compared to Windows.