Issue:
AMD videodriver fail

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 Home Basic
  • CPU: AMD A8-3500M
  • GPU: Radeon HD 6620G
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1968
  • Game: Tomodachi life
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): no screen shot

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

You can show these information if you open dxdiag then screenshot the System tab and Display tab(s).

Follow the bot’s link to upload a log as well.

My DirectX is 11. and my RAM is 4096MB. My processer is AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs),~1.5GHz. When I lanuch the game again, It gives me just blank screen. and it crashes. Do you have any questions for this?

What is your Windows version? It says in the System tab in dxdiag. You can also open winver or right click and pick Properties on “My Computer” / “This PC”.

It’s Windows 7 Home Basic. Version 6.1 with Service Pack 1.

Ok, let’s make sure the latest drivers will be installed first.

1. Download Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta under Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-laptops/a8-3500m-radeon-hd-6620g
  2. Download and install DDU: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
  3. Boot into Safe Mode by restarting the computer then repeatably press F8. You should be able to choose Safe Mode from the list
  4. Run DDU, select AMD in the list to the right then click Clean and Restart
  5. When you boot normally into Windows, run the Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta installer that you downloaded in Step 1

Very kinda, I don’t have an cleaning program.

You don’t need one, I gave you everything that you need to download and run :slight_smile: Just follow the steps and you should be fine.

Why do I need safe mode with networking? and I cannot tell you, WHY DO I NEED TO REMOVE MY DISPLAY DRIVER?!?!?

Also, I cannot find the download button for it.

No, I said without networking. But I edited to just say Safe Mode as it says here:

This is to make sure when you install the new drivers that the old won’t cause any problems.

My Laptop is kinda damn ACER ASPIRE 5500

Now I’ll ask, I’ve done 2 steps and now I’m gonna take an picture of the steps. on my phone so it should be easier to get it working.

For the drivers, you need to click on the +:

You want to click Download on the second one.

For DDU, just scroll down on the page.

I have done that alreday. Now I gotta wait for my phone to be 100%

tywald I’m back for doning the steps now I’m installing the new videodriver!

That videodriver also FAILED!

Upload a log please: How to Upload the Log File