An error has occurred initializing the video core when trying to use vulcan. Early Access 1867. Nvidia 3060 Laptop gpu

I can start a game using open gl but I would like to run Link’s Awakening using vulcan but I get the error. I have updated to latest drivers but can’t figure out why I am having this error.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

It is recommended that:
AMD GPU users should use Vulkan.
Nvidia GPU users should use OpenGL.

If you run an Nvidia GPU with vulkan, more crashes and other errors can occur. You’re better off running your RTX 3060 with OpenGL to avoid crashes and other errors

Make sure to install the latest driver for the integrated GPU too.

1 Like

That did the trick. Thanks

1 Like

I have intel(5) HD graphics card and 8 GB RAM but when I try to start the game it says the video core is not supported how can I solve it? It does not open in open gl or vulkan

citra_log.txt (5.0 KB)
my log

This hardware is too old to run yuzu.

so can I solve it without buying a new pc? Because it works perfectly in my switch :expressionless:

Yup, keep this in mind: Quickstart Guide - yuzu

So I have to use my switch?

Yes. Your GPU physically lacks the features needed for Switch emulation.

Ok can you tell me if I could upgrade my pc only to play? Or is the software too old

yuzu will run perfectly fine on any 64 bit Windows past 7, and most Linux distributions, so the software is not an issue.
But adding a GPU to that Celeron laptop is not only hard, I don’t recommend it, the CPU is just too slow for yuzu.

ok thank you a lot for your time

1 Like