Android game resetting automatically

System Information

• Operating System: android 13
  • CPU: Exynos 2200
  • GPU: Xclipse
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly Build - f18437e
  • Game: Bravely Default

If I switch to another app to read messages or anything else, when I switch back to citra the game needs to be started again.

Is there any way around this, or are you planning to implement save states on android at some point in the near future.?

Kind regards

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

Log file is showing 0kb in size and won’t let me upload.

Hmmm, maybe a bug related to the new AMD GPU that the Exynos 2200 uses. We haven’t had the opportunity to test with this hardware ourselves yet unfortunately. Having a log file to work with would be nice though: How to Upload the Log File

These are implemented. When in-game, swipe down from the top to bring up menu bar with 3 vertical dots on the top right. Click on those and the options for saving and loading state should be available. Although, we’ve had some users reporting issues with accessing this menu whilst in-game on some Android 12/13 skins. It’s being looked into.

1 Like

Make sure that Citra is not open when you go to upload the log file. If it’s 0kb, there’s a decent chance that either the file is open in another app (like a text editor), or that it’s still being written to by Citra (if Citra is open).

1 Like

Doesn’t matter what I do, I can’t get a new log file to be created. I’ll see if I can reach the save state feature for now :+1:t4: thanks.