Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer won't load

Issue:
Game loads, screen flashes light blue (I’m assuming the sky from the intro cutscene), immediately goes to black fps goes from 30 to 0.
I made a thread yesterday (Mii Maker “fatal error” immedietly on startup, and I’m hoping that these issues are related, I tested Happy Home Designer because it is listed as perfect on the Game Compatibility List.
Accurate Multiplication is enabled, Citra region settings are set to “EUR” and “United Kingdom”, which is the same as my cxi files as I ripped them myself, I don’t think the problem is the cxi files as again I ripped them myself. I think the issue might be tied to the 3D models as when I tested Kid Icarus Uprising, the background of the menu wouldn’t load but the text and a couple of other 2D elements would load, and I do know that the menu background for KIU is a 3D model.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1501
  • Game: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
(Diagnostic log is too big again)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Hm.

Service.FS <Warning> core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:OpenFile:128: Failed to open C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming/Citra/sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/00000000000000000000000000000000/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/0004000e/0014f200/content/00000000.app

Ok, can you test by removing the update? (Right click on the game -> Open Update Data Location) then go back to 0004000e folder and delete 0014f200 folder. Restart Citra then try again.

When I right click on the game there isn’t an “open update data location” option.

Sorry, looks like I did an opsie. It appears that message only means the update is missing. My bad :frowning:

Hm, well you have a lot of memory read/write errors. Can you check if Auto works instead in region? If not then since you aren’t using any cheats it can only be that the rom is corrupted :frowning:

What version is your godmode9?

I’m not using godmode9, I’m using braindump.
should I switch to godmode9? Because that might actually be the problem lol.

Oh that is why. Braindump is unsupported so you must use godmode9 or threeSD.

That’s a relief ahah, I thought something was wrong with my PC. I’ll install godmode9, thanks!

Is your CFW updated too? (latest Luma3DS with boot9strap). If you are still on the old a9lh you should update that too.

For this check: