Animal Crossing New Leaf --> welcome amiibo

Hello guys !! I have ACNL and I would like to switch it for ACNL AMIIBO by keeping the same town etc. Some people talked me about a “garden.dat”, I tried to replace it in the log file ACNL AMIIBO but it does not work, I have a error message at the beginning of the game loading. What can I do please ? :slight_smile:
Have a good day all!

citra_log.txt (48.5 KB)

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Requesting to recategorize to Offtopic as this isn’t related to Citra.
I’m afraid that you won’t get much support regarding this here. Try asking on GBATemp or any have modding server/forum.

you need to implement fs:USER function GetThisSaveDataSecureValue or use your 3DS to convert the save file.

oh okay thanks! and sorry for this

thanks for you reply but… I do not understand anything that you are saying ^^’ (I am new in citra and I am French so maybe it is because of it lol)

You aren’t alone. Even I don’t clearly fathom what he said. It’s basically an unimplemented function, so you can’t do it in Citra. You should use your 3DS.

hey don’t know if you’ve already figured it out but, you need the .3ds or .cia New Leaf game with Welcome amiibo first, then, when you first launch the amiibo version you should see a ‘import town’ or similar option in the menu

the game will then move your old town to the amiibo game for you, good luck!

You can do it in Citra too

How do you do it in Citra?

me pasa exactamente lo mismo, copie y reemplace el archivo de guardado garden.dat de new leaf a amiibo, luego me dijero que cambiara el nombre a garden_plus.dat pero me sigue pidiendo una ultima actualizacion del juego que tengo que hacerla mediante E shop de nintendo… si alguien pudiera solucionarme el problema es de agradecer

This is an English only forum, please do not post in any other language. If you are not a native English speaker and are using a translator to assist, you may write your post in your own language as long as you provide the text of the automatic translation in the post.

Este es un foro solo en inglés, por favor no publique en ningún otro idioma. Si no es un hablante nativo de inglés y está utilizando un traductor para ayudarlo, puede escribir su publicación en su propio idioma siempre que proporcione el texto de la traducción automática en la publicación.

The only way to convert saved data to animal crossing welcome amiibo (including using citra and without a 3ds/2ds;you can use a 3ds too without citra im pretty sure! note: I never tried using a 3ds so it’s might not be guaranteed to work) :

1: delete any saved data in acnl: welcome amiibo disregard this step if you didn’t start your town yet
(don’t do anything with the old town in the original game i.e changing garden.dat file AT ALL)
2: Choose import town.
3: Rover will start looking for your old town and if it’s successful he will find it.
4: You’re done! now you can play with the update! Isabelle will introduce you to the MEOW coupons and campground-and you keep all data saved before you converted it. Super easy right?

If this didn’t work for you ask for help from support/mod!

And always make sure to back up your old save files! just in case something happens! :smile: