Another pesky settings help request

Issue:
Hi folks, another one of these. I’ve just installed Citra, loaded up FE Awakening and for the most part it’s running fine, aside from major slowdowns when using magical attacks and what seems like some weird graphical glitches around the characters when not in battles (it’s hard to describe so hopefully the screenshot will make it obvious). I’ve bumped my CPU clock speed to 125% which has mitigated the slowdown issue a little, but would appreciate any other ideas or things I can tweak.

Thanks!

System Information

  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
  • CPU: i5-9600K
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce RTX 2060
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1746
  • Game: Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): https://imgur.com/a/SuzpKRR

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
citra_log.txt (43.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1746 HEAD-45a4a56
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            496.76
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

  • The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

Do the same issues also occur without the use of save states?

Yeah, they were happening straight away before I even started using states.

Please upload a log file after encountering the issue without the use of save states.

citra_log.txt (65.3 KB)

About 10 minutes of gameplay (I think), during which I encountered slowdowns twice. Bumped my CPU clocking to max and it’s certainly helped, but not stopped, the issue. Was monitoring my hardware stats during gameplay and each slowdown was accompanied by a CPU & GPU spike.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1746 HEAD-45a4a56
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            496.76
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

  • The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

Its really not recommended to mess with the CPU Clock Speed if you don’t know what you’re doing. That can cause a whole bunch of issues on its own. I’d recommend setting that back to 100% when testing.
Once you’ve done that, we might try clearing your current shaders to rule out a faulty shader cache. Go to File>Open Citra Folder, then open up the shaders folder and delete the opengl folder here. Now try your game again.