Any alternatives to Terminal on Mac?

Hi, I’m kind of a noob when it comes to emulators.

I’ve tried to download Citra on a school computer, and Citra uses Terminal. My problem is that my school blocks Terminal because they don’t want us to do anything stupid, and they will never change the ban.

And, since I’m a noob, I don’t know how to get around the ban / use another Terminal-like software that will let Citra run. So can someone help me?

Thanks!

Oh, and please move this topic if it needs to be somewhere else. I’m not sure if this is supposed to be in the right place. (I just joined today)

/bump…

Anyone?

This is a forum so response is usually slow. Pretty sure Mac has Terminal alternatives just from google searching. Though since your school blocked the Terminal, I doubt they would allow installing software on their Macs. Not a Mac user so I’m not very familiar with it.

What I’m curious about is whether Citra really needs the terminal or not.

I’ve gotten a alternative called iTerm, but by default Citra opens up Terminal when it starts, I think.

If Citra is added you your PATH, you can run it with the command citra <path to game>.

What do you mean? Sorry, I’m a noob…

It is not in my applications folder, by the way, that requires a password.

If you’re not sure how to add a program to your PATH you can try googling.

What do I run the command on?

You would run the command in iTerm, or any other terminal alternative.

USMB-2017L2306:~ hidden$ citra Macintosh HD/Users/aviathota/desktop
-bash: citra: command not found

^ It’s saying the command is not found

That means that the citra binary is not in your PATH. As Leo said, you’ll have to add it. In short, the PATH is a list of directories that the terminal checks for to find the program you’re trying to run. So when you type citra, the terminal looks through the PATH and is unable to find it. As far as configuring your PATH to run citra goes, that’s beyond the scope of this forum, but there’s plenty of tutorials on Google.

Another alternative is Hyper, but it is extremely heavy on resources so you should only try it as a last resort.