Any update on Pokemon X and Y?

Pokémon X and Y doesn’t work
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10 pro
  • CPU: i3 2100 3.10 ghz
  • GPU: Amd Radeon
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 764
  • Game: Pokémon X and Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

Pokemon X and Y Problem

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Known issue. It’s being worked upon. Check wiki page for details.

when will it start to run X and Y properly??

We can’t give any ETAs, but the developer doing this had to put this on hold for personal reasons, so might be some time.

it has been a long time since citra has fix a game to become playable, hyrule warriors legends is still on hold for a long time so dont expect too much from the devs… i think that citra devs are now leaning towards switch emulation rather than 3ds.

P.S. great job on the yuzu emulator I like the fast progression of the emulator

I would rather say that since there are very few contributors who can actually do these stuff, they take a long time. Most contributors (including me) refrain from touching the core modules of Citra in fear that we break something. However, you probably didn’t notice that Tomadachi Life got a fix thanks to NarcoleptiK, who was able to stub (note: not implement) the CECD service, aka StreetPass. So progress is being made, only that it takes time.

what is stub ? and why did Tomadachi Life depend on that to help it run faster? What does this mean for future games that take advantage of SpotPass and StreetPass like services?

It’s basically like telling your teacher that you’ve done the assignment when you actually haven’t. Most of the times it works, but it doesn’t do the actual stuff.

I don’t know exactly, but the game attempted to use those services upon boot, but obviously it couldn’t, so it crashed.

I don’t know. You better ask the devs. But I guess that would make some games boot, as it’s a very minimal implementation. NarcoleptiK is still working on it (iirc).

Thank you for the thuro response

1 Like

And when will yuzu emulator run games like pokemon, Zelda etc

You can’t expect ETAs on open source projects. Especially those that are less than a year old.

how much time did it take Citra to run heavy 3ds games?

Citra was announced in 2014 and it started hitting its stride in 2016. I wouldn’t compare this to yuzu as they are different devices.

1 Like