Apollo Justice Case 3 - Save Failed Error

Apollo Justice fails to save in the third case:
So this is an issue I ran into after transferring my progress from my laptop over to my desktop. I installed Citra on my desktop and dropped the save state file in the states folder, however, when I reached the next in-game save point, I was met with the screen shown in the screen capture. I’m hoping I was able to pull the full log, as I’ve seen many support threads mention incomplete support logs. Let me know if there’s any idea what might be causing this. Thanks so much to anyone who takes the time to take a look!

System Information

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Education
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1742
  • Game: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

citra_log.txt (14.3 KB)
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1742 HEAD-67f1e41
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor              | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            497.29
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Save States cannot be transferred between different Citra instances. They only function correctly when they are loaded on the exact Citra instance that they were saved on. You can transfer normal in-game save files though.

1 Like

I see, wow never would have guessed. Went back and loaded from the in-game save file and played back up to that point and was able to avoid the save failed error, so that must have been the issue. Thanks!

1 Like