Are there plans for an OpenGL performance Yuzu patch on latest AMD driver? (22.7.1)

Hi GoldenX86 and team,

I can’t find a “general questions” sections for Yuzu so I will ask this here. As everyone knows, latest AMD driver is said to bring up to 100% performance in OpenGL applications. However, running this driver with Yuzu will ultimately result in a crash, even if you get in game. 22.6.1 seems stable in comparison but obviously the performance is not that great.

Are there any plans to patch this along the way? I think I’ve read that you guys are moving/moved away from OpenGL improvements but this would bring a huge benefit to AMD users using Yuzu. Nvidia users can fall back to OpenGL when Vulkan is broken, but AMD users cannot. So definitely a huge quality of life improvement down the road.

Thanks!

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

I’ve been reporting to AMD the crashes found with the new driver.
Remember to purge caches when testing the new OpenGL driver, as not all shaders seem to transition smoothly.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Yes, I’ve been clearing the shader cache regularly. Just went back to 22.7.1, cleared caches and tried OpenGL with Astral Chain, XB1 and XB3 - can get to the title screen on all 3 of them, but once I load a game it will crash. In FE3H can manage to get in town however the textures are darkened and there is a constant “lightning” like effect. So not looking too great for AMD users wanting to use OpenGL as a fallback right now. Unless there is a specific issue on my side?

The fact that you have already reported your findings to AMD is amazing, though! Still I guess that means we’re entirely dependent on them actually fixing them in a future release. There is no doubt that 22.7.1 comes with issues, as it breaks some normal games as well.

From your description, it sounds like you have a Pascal GPU, right?
Yup, it’s in their hands now to solve it.