Asus Twinview Dock Support (Citra Android)

The Asus Twinview Dock is an accessory for Asus ROG phones, it is an independently controlled external monitor that you slot your phone into, so that it resembles the dual-screen clam-shell configuration of a Nintendo DS or 3DS.

Currently, the Citra app does not recognise the dock as an external monitor, and no instance of Citra can display the top and bottom screen of the 3DS separately.

This accessory is very niche, with even Asus themselves discontinuing support on their most recent ROG phones, but it is clearly possible for it to receive separate top and bottom screen signals, since it is compatible with the DraStic DS emulator.

I’d be happy to mail in my Twinview unit for testing if appropriate, and I know Asus has submitted an SDK for Twinview functionality on the Unity asset store, if that’s of any help: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/rog-phone-sdk-162973

Asus ROG Phone 3 ZS661KS
Android 10
Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 5G+ (7 nm+)
Octa-core (1x3.1 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
Adreno 650
Citra Android Beta 14

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Citra doesn’t natively support custom screen layouts yet. So that would be the main reason this wouldn’t work.