Average FPS on XPS 8930

I have looked up average FPS but ik that there have been many updates for Citra and since they’re quite old, I am not sure if they’re still reliable because of the new GPU option and other enhancements.
I am thinking about getting a new PC soon, which I would like to use Citra on, and if anyone knows what the average FPS would be, please let me know.

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 (6 Core), 3.2 GHz (4.6 GHz Max Turbo)
Memory: 8 GB
Hard Drive Storage: 1 TB SATA
Graphics: 6 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060.

If the FPS is below 20, I might look at getting a different one.

Currently the FPS on most games is capped at 30 making the average also around 30. Wich a 1060 6GB should be able to handle with ease

Ah, okay.
Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

FPS is not ‘capped’ at 30, Citra does not cap fps at an arbitrary value. Games run at the value they were programmed to run at. Some 3ds titles run at 30fps, some at 60 fps, and a few oddball ones run at different values.

As for what fps you’d get, it’s going to vary wildly by what game you dump to play, and what functions that game tries to perform. There are very low-end games that cannot always maintain full fps due to odd functions used, and others that run fluidly even when at higher then normal resolutions, with large quantities of rendered graphics being handled easily. It will always vary by game, regardless of how good a pc is. If you’re angling for a better pc for citra, please look up a cpu that has a high single thread performance on this site https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html and avoid AMD gpu’s. Should also avoid Mac anything, and run with windows if it’s at all possible, that’s where our best performance currently is.