Bad perfomance in The Great Ace Attorney

I’m having bad FPS and speed(70-90%) throughout the game. It gets even worse on the animated cutscenes, FPS drops down to about consistent 15 and the speed is about 60%. Tried to switch between the GTX 1050 Ti and the Intel HD Graphics 630 GPUs, little has changed. I’m new to the Citra and downloaded the lastest canary build especially for this game, and also saw someone saying that a different specific build of Citra works very well with this game, could that be the case?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 x64 bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ
  • GPU: GTX 1050 Ti; integrated Intel HD Graphics 630
  • Citra Version: Canary 1275
  • Game: Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken(The Great Ace Attorney)
    citra_log.txt (61.6 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1275 HEAD-170f7a3
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Take a look at the wiki:

it seems that this game is either not optimized or too CPU demanding currently

1 Like

the game abuses something that is very slow to emulate on desktop computers, but very fast on the 3ds. the “other builds” you might hear that play it fast simply don’t do this, which breaks some games horribly. This wasn’t acceptable to add to citra so its not there anymore, but the code for this floats around and gets added to other places. It also was in citra for a few months while i argued that we should add it anyway and just let the broken games be broken or maybe add another checkbox to enable/disable it. but whatever. maybe someday we’ll get a better fix in place thats both faster and doesn’t break games.

For some reason it works perfectly fine in high resolution without any slow mo in Citra Canary 1041 ver.

Thanks to Zrego for that hint

Oh. I’ve seen that comment and tried canary 1041 and a few earlier builds myself, but the game runs just as bad on these. Thanks for trying to help, anyway

kinda surprised you mentioned my name there xd

The link is dead. Why is this?

likely removed from the compatibility wiki.

Why would it be removed? And do you know if DGS works any better than it used to?

no idea, you have to test it.