Black screen latest citra version

Issue: Black screen on the latest citra version

Hi everyone, I have a little problem : a black screen since I’ve updated citra to the latest version today when I’m a running a game (every games were working before) I have a black screen with sound. I’m not sure of the informations I give you sorry :confused:

System Information

• Operating System: MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.4
  • CPU: 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
  • GPU: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 Mo
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly | HEAD-45aa950
  • Game: every game
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
2018-05-23 19:45:35.746 citra-qt-bin[813:12469] IMKClient Stall detected, please Report your user scenario attaching a spindump (or sysdiagnose) that captures the problem - (imkxpc_attributesForCharacterIndex:reply:) block performed very slowly (3.21 secs).
2018-05-23 19:45:35.746 citra-qt-bin[813:12469] IMKClient Stall detected, please Report your user scenario attaching a spindump (or sysdiagnose) that captures the problem - (imkxpc_windowLevelWithReply:) block performed very slowly (1.21 secs).
2018-05-23 19:46:15.536 citra-qt-bin[813:12469] IMKClient Stall detected, please Report your user scenario attaching a spindump (or sysdiagnose) that captures the problem - (imkxpc_attributesForCharacterIndex:reply:) block performed very slowly (5.54 secs).
2018-05-23 19:46:15.537 citra-qt-bin[813:12469] IMKClient Stall detected, please Report your user scenario attaching a spindump (or sysdiagnose) that captures the problem - (imkxpc_windowLevelWithReply:) block performed very slowly (3.54 secs).
Killed: 9
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

citra_log copie.txt (62.2 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Likely related to these threads.

Hi thank you for your answer, I’m not very sure that I face the same issue because the game is loaded but I have not the image/video and the game is running at its usual speed and framerate.

For example this is what I have when I run Professor Layton, but it is absolutely the same when I run Animal crossing new leaf or bravely default or Fire Emblem Awakening while they were running just fine before :confused:

Very sorry to bother

Try disabling the Enable Hardware Shader in Emulation - Configure - Graphics anyway.

2 Likes

Hi !! Thank you very much for your answer : the screen isn’t black anymore it seems to work thanks a lot !!!

1 Like

Thank you very much i finally opened the game!!,
but it is so laggy is there something i can do to reduce the lag?

Not really, the unfortunate part of not being able to use the hardware shaders part is that you do lose speed.

citra_log.txt (43.4 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• This game requires an audio engine that is not yet implemented in Citra.
  • Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

I disabled the ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ but I still get my emulator screen black. so, how do i fix it?