Black screen load state issue

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
The load state for Dragon ball fusions is just a black screen when I was near the end of the game. It turned black last night so I saved the game hoping that it would fix it but now when
I load its just a black screen with no sound as well.

System Information

• Operating System: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • CPU: Intel® Core™i5-1035G1 [email protected] 1.00GHz 1.19 GHz
  • GPU: Intel® UHD Graphics
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1872
  • Game: Dragon Ball Fusions
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (5.0 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Can I get please get a reply?

Hi,

If you saved your game using a save state in a moment where your game was frozen, it won’t unfreeze when you load that save state. It will simply reload the freeze.
I doubt this will give us much useful information but just in case it does, make sure you follow these steps carefully:

1. Open Citra and go to File>Open Citra Folder and open up the log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
  2. Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
  3. Now upload the log file in this chat.

Ok so the game didn’t show me the problem crash/slowdown/glitch. And my bad for uploading it twice in the forum, got impatient.
citra_log.txt (5.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Your problem is the freeze right?
Your log is currently not seeing you booting the game. Try to follow the steps I sent you carefully.
Start your game, then load your save state. Wait for a few seconds, then close citra and proceed with the last step.

citra_log.txt (15.6 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1872 HEAD-f24ddd7
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) UHD Graphics
GPU Driver Version                            27.20.100.8935
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I’m not seeing anything in particular pop out from your log file. At this point it probably just means that that save state is not recoverable. You’ll have to reach that point again from your normal in-game save file or an earlier functional save state.

So I have to restart? Is there some way I could reach an earlier save state if I’ve only saved and loaded from slot 1?

You should’ve been using the in-game save system to begin with. They are simply more stable and less prone to the exact problem you’re having right now. If you didn’t save your save states in different slots and didn’t use the in-game save system then yes, you will likely have to restart your game.

If that’s the case then the game automatically saves itself with the in game save a lot of the times. Could I get to those points somehow?

Simply starting the game normally and loading up the save file in-game would do I believe. Not sure how it works on Dragon Ball Fusions.

1 Like

Ayeee thanks so much.