Black screen problem when a save state is loaded

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
my game freezed when i losed a battle and was going to be directed to pokecentre.then the screen suddenly turned black and i didnt wanted to lose all my progress after the previous game save so i made a save state and saved it to oldest slot. next i refreshed citra and opened and tried to open that save state then my game turns black again…without citra itself closing -_-…any help would be appreciated…

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
citra_log.txt (218.7 KB)
citra_log.txt.old.txt (174.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Canary 2094   HEAD-7135378
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz | AVX512 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            Intel(R) UHD Graphics
GPU Driver Version                           27.20.100.9365
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Support for Intel® Graphics

Save States save the entirety of Citra’s emulation state, not just your game’s progress. If you ran into an emulation bug, or some other kind of bug, saving a state and then loading that state will just load the error alongside your progress. Nothing would change. This is why we recommend in-game save files most of all. Save states are only meant to be used within single gaming sessions, not beyond them.

ok sir i will look forward to your recommendation…but is there something that i can do for this current problem? i dont want to lose my progress T_T

As per my explanation above, there is no way to recover that progress. That save state you made didn’t just save your progress, it saved whatever bug you encountered as well. There is no way to “unbug” that now. Save states don’t allow for that.

so means that anytime that bug occurs again and my game freezes i will again lose my progress i do and will have no way to recover the effort i put in that respective save…right?

We can try to troubleshoot the bug itself if you can reproduce it. But yes, unless you’re saving in-game regularly, you might lose progress if you run into a bug that breaks the emulation.

One important thing to remember about save states is that you should never try to save a state on progress that was made after loading a save state. Only save states on progress that was made after an in-game save file. This helps reduce the chance of emulation instability and save file/state corruption.