Black Screen when hardwear rendere is turned on

Issue:
Whenever I play The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past the game will boot and run at 60 fps but it will display a blank black screen
System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
  • CPU: Intel Core I7
  • GPU: AMD HD Radeon 3470
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly #909
  • Game: The Legend of Zelda (0004000000EC3-00000000)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (10.6 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’

Disabling "Enable Hardware Shader " did nothing. I still have the same problem. The game will only display properly if I have enable hardware renderer turned off, but then it will run at 1 fps

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

They are. I updated them as part of my own debugging. Before I updated them the game wouldn’t even load.

[  60.448030] Render.OpenGL <Warning> video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_rasterizer.cpp:RasterizerOpenGL:54: Shadow might not be able to render because of unsupported OpenGL extensions.
[  60.448045] Render.OpenGL <Warning> video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_rasterizer.cpp:RasterizerOpenGL:59: ARB_texture_barrier not supported. Some games might produce artifacts.

This actually seems to imply that your GPU, or its drivers, are missing features necessary for the hardware renderer?

that message also appears for some intel gpus, because of this PR, but they still work nonetheless, given how old his GPU is, the problem may be a little more insidious.

So are you saying that the reason it wont work is because my graphics card is outdated? Do you think that upgrading it would fix the problem, I think I have a newer one sitting in an older computer I might be able to trade out. I don’t remember the model but would you recommend upgrading?

that could very well be the case.

if this other GPU of yours is newer it could probably work.

you graphic card can run citra ( supports opengl 3.3 ) the problem is that amd never bothered to fix some bugs in the drives , this also affects the radeon 4000 series ( i had a 4870 ) if you want to run citra you need at least radeon 5000 series or go nvidia ( just make sure it supports opengl 3.3 ) .

tip get a nvidia 1060 6gb the prices are dropping

Thank you for helping me with this problem Sora. I found the newer graphics card but it is a 5000 series so sucks to be me I guess. I might look in to getting an nvidia 1060 though, thanks for the heads up.