Black screen when i enable hardware render

Issue:
I got a black sreen when i run a game like pokemon x while "Enable hardware render " is checked, but if i deselect it, the black sreen get away and the emulation speed get down! i need help!
Sorry for my english.

System Information

• Operating System: windows 8
  • CPU: i7
  • GPU: AMD radeon HD 7670M
  • Citra Version (found in titlebar):
  • Game: citra bleeding-edge-158
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log:
Paste your entire console window log here.

In order to save a copy of the log, run this command in the Citra directory.
citra-qt > log.txt 2>&1

Please edit your post and attach the entire console window log. Without that, we cannot determine what the issue is.

the same thing happens to me when i try to play kingdom hearts 3d
the game plays full speed when it is on but then the screen stays black , but when the hardware render is off then the screen is playing but at a speed of 3 to 5%

@Mikhail Please open a new topic and fill out the template completely and accurately.

1 Like

@Ali_Badra_Faresse_Comay your openGL not supported, i have same thing happen… you can use mesa although game not run faster than usual(sorry for my bad english)

@samaelz12 HD 7670M supports up to OpenGL 4.3, so no problem here.

@Ali_Badra_Faresse_Co The hardware renderer is far from complete and this is normal. Note that Pokemon X or Y are not playable yet. You need to dump your save data from your 3DS.

Mesa is not really supported, and it would run horribly slow. Like, 1 - 5 FPS, slow.

Open your own topic… this is completly unrelated. If your screen stays black with HW rendering figure out if it works for other people with the same version of the game + emulator.
Then update your GPU drivers to the latest and confirm Citra is actually using the correct GPU (should be mentioned in the log).
Speed: Software renderers are slower than hardware renderers most of the time. Not surprising.

This could still be a problem of OP - they might only have ran this on the integrated GPU of the CPU and not the graphic card they mention.

The Citra hardware renderer is actually more feature complete than the software rasterizer. This is not normal (both, that hw is further advanced and also that the user sees nothing).
Pokemon X and Y are horribly broken though. Test hardware rendering with other games which are confirmed working (Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a good one).

In certain programs the MESA software renderer is faster than my actual GPU (intel HD). Don’t underestimate the power of good software rendering. I can still play OoT at good framerates using MESA software rendering on linux.

This thread should be closed, it has gone offtopic. OP is probably long gone: the question is more than 2 months old.