Black Screen when start a game

Issue:
When I start a game in Citra,the screen is black and is in the right down corner of the screen. I can hear the audio of the game and even control it,but I cant do anything cause the screen is black.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 8
  • CPU: Intel core i3-3110M
  • GPU: intel HD graphics 4000
  • Citra Version (found in titlebar): Citra Nightly | HEAD-2f625f2
  • Game: Every game I tred (Fire Emblem Awakening,Pokemon X/Y/ORAS)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log: http://pastebin.com/uy8xfCNV

The log indicates that the shared_font.bin is missing but I think Fire Emblem Awakening can run without it. The fact the you can hear audio means that the game is running. Might want to try updating your GPU driver. Also, Pokemon XY and ORAS do require the shared font and system archives to be dumped. The logs will be different for other games so you might want to post them.

Thanks for the reply. I already updated my GPU driver but the problem persist. I dont have a 3DS to dump the files so I guess I cant use Citra,at least in this laptop. Any other idea is welcomed.

It used to work at a decent speed, now it's super slow. All games

Please get the latest driver directly from Intel, not from your notebooks maker or anywhere else.
This very much looks like an older driver issue which usually HP users reported (but probably affects others too). Generally support for Windows on that Intel GPU is far worse than on Linux or for other GPUs.

Also as @Leo121 pointed out correctly: That game probably requires those system files.
If you don’t have a 3DS you can’t dump the files and / or legally play it.

If you also happen to have Zelda: OoT I’d recommend dumping that on a friends 3DS and testing it on Citra.
OoT does not require the system files and could be used to check if your graphics driver works properly.
(Actually we should probably pack some 3DS homebrew for this…)

Well,looks like I’m out of luck xD. Anyway,thanks for the help!.

Well,looks like I’m out of luck xD. Anyway,thanks for the help!.

Hey man, don’t give up! I was having the same trouble like yours and it was thanks to this topic that you created that I could solve my problem. Try to reinstall your drivers in many different ways and see if it changes something, maybe this GPU driver you update is not compatible with Citra.

My topic:

https://community.citra-emu.org/t/it-used-to-work-at-a-decent-speed-now-its-super-slow-all-games/?source_topic_id=1030