Black Screen while trying to load games, 100% speed and 60fps

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
After I open any of my games (I bought a new one and loaded it just to make sure I didn’t corrupt my games), it just loads a black screen and does nothing at 100%/100% speed and 60 fps.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1649
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, and X
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296
citra_log.txt (4.8 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Hi,

One part of this doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Pokemon games have always been locked to 30fps.
If you are using a ROM hack to achieve 60fps, make sure to check if the base game works.
If you are using a cheat code to achieve this, make sure to deactivate all cheats, restart citra and then test if the game runs.

Hi @SleepingSnake, thanks for responding. I’ve played through all of those games on 60 fps for a while (like a month), so I’m not sure what that’s about. I haven’t used any cheats, either. I haven’t done anything special to get it to 60fps, I just loaded the game and played it.

Even the newest entries in the Pokemon games series, Pokemon Sword and Shield, are still 30fps. There is no way to get 60fps at 100% without a ROM hack, mods or cheat codes. It’s only possible to get 60fps at 200% speed.
I can therefore only assume that either:

1. You do have one of the features descriped above applied to your ROM (in which case that might be the cause of the issue you’re having.
  2. You applied ‘‘it’’ to your ROM on your 3ds/2ds and dumped it in that state, leading to the 60fps.
  3. You downloaded a ROM online that had the 60fps ROM hack applied.

Oh, ok. I’m really not sure, I haven’t changed the FPS with my knowing. Is there any way I can change this? Could this be responsible for the game not working? I’ve been playing these pokemon games for a month on Citra and it was working just fine, but one day it just stopped. I checked my cheats and its empty. What do you suggest I do to fix the issue?

I suggest redumping your game first. Please refer to our Game Dumping Guides:

Dumping Game Cartridges
Dumping Installed Titles