Black Screens on Super Smash bros Ultimate

No matter what I’ve Looked up or tried in the settings the same result keeps happening. Black screens everywhere. Every time in a different place. Black screens after the “press any button” screen black screen when I press smash black screen when I’m on character select black screen on stage select and I’ve still yet to play the game… here is my log:
yuzu_log.txt (719.0 KB)

Can you try without mods?

I don’t have mods. Just one fps boost that I thought might hepl but I even tried without it and it didnt work. The Other mods are the dlc which I also tried without but still didn’t work

My fps also drops a lot during certain moments and then just fades to black screens…The game also mostly freezes when I try to go into the character select screen and in general every single loading screen takes a while, I think it’s that I’m getting low fps and that’s loading screens and everything take way too long so any tips on how to increase fps?

There it is.
Try disabling multicore, FX CPUs can’t do several simultaneous threads without chocking, causing sever performance issues. I strongly recommend an upgrade, if possible.

What do you mean by upgrade?

Yeah it’s way better but still likke 33% speed cap, is my pc just bad?

GoldenX86 is right. You should upgrade your PC if possible
The FX 6300 is only a theoretical 6 core CPU, because it has 3 modules which is divided in halves and adjust only 2 cores. But for a long time this is not as effective as real 6 cores! That is why the FX 6300 struggles so much and you get bad performance

Hardware Requirements

CPU GPU RAM
Minimum Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Intel HD Graphics 520 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB 8GB
Recommended Intel Core i5-10400 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Intel UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB / AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB 16GB

so you’re saying that if I get a better cpu I’ll run it smoothly? Or is it gpu as well

I’ll put it this way. The better the PC, the better yuzu will run in terms of performance.

The FX 6300 came out in 2012 so your motherboard is not exactly the best and I don’t know if it is worthwhile for you to upgrade this motherboard with a new CPU, but if you want to, you can do that of course.

In my opinion, it is more worthwhile for you to buy a new PC, if possible

If you can build your own PC and get the parts for a good price, it’s even better because you will need a new GPU anyway

The GPU is fine, the problem is the CPU, the FX series were the worst CPUs we had in years in both performance and efficiency. Plus they offer no upgrade path, leaving you with having to get a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU.

1 Like

Working on it, probably will ltake a while… yikes