My citra gives blackscreen ands crashes every time when i try to play a pokemon game
- Operating System: windows 11
- CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
- GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
- Citra Version (found in title bar): citra nightly 1820
- Game: pokemon omega ruby
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
citra_log.txt (6.3 KB)
No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1820 HEAD-84eada8
Operating System Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version 22.214.171.12405
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region 2
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Support for Intel® Graphics
This driver is very out of date. To update, download and install
gfx_win_101.3790_101.2114.exe from Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers
Mirror download: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/751359/gfx_win_101.3790_101.2114.exe
Let me know if you encounter any issues during the installation.