Bleeding Edge crashes after loading any games

Issue:
Just compiling it today and click the game and I got this message: Citra quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple. My old version of Bleeding Edge loaded games okay (minus out of memory that I am aware of). And Nightly version of compiling today works okay as well.

System Information

• Operating System: macOS Sierra
  • CPU: 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i5
  • GPU: Intel Iris 1536 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Bleeding Edge - 5272a29d (compiling today)
  • Game: Any games

Please include the full log. It might reveal a regression with one of the PRs.

I wish but there is no full log. If there were a full log then I would posted it right here. However, there wasn’t.

I compiled it and there is no logs like that because when I run the game. The error pop up immediately:

Citra quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

I click Ignore and Bleeding Edge disappears. No way to get the logs.

I decide to recompiled previously to Bleeding Edge 452 which released 6 days ago and it worked fine. And its improvement on Super Street Fighter IV and Mighty GunVolt Burst a lot.

Anyway, the one that was crashed recently is: Bleeding Edge 453 which released 5 days ago. It is very recently which crashes after loading any games. No way to find out the logs at all.

According to your LOG instruction… Your instruction is in Windows and not macOS version. I am using the macOS version.

Just compile the Bleeding Edge 455 and it is working now.

And the out of application memory still exists. And the same for Master Citra has the out of application memory still exists as well. Hope they find something wrong with it and fix it.

we looked into it again recently. pretty sure its because there is an issue with the opengl drivers for mac. its hard to tell what citra is doing to trigger the issue. no workarounds were found…

Windows only works ? And will they ever fixing macOS version in the near future ? Or only OpenGL drives for Mac is need to update first ? OpenGL drives rarely update as far as I can tell.

the problem is likely to be something with macOS and not citra. but if we can find a way to work around the mac problems we will. no one has found a way yet though.

I hope that someone has found a way in the near future. Much obliged!

jroweboy,

I am curious… Why does The Legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes (Europe) running fine without out of memory crashes ? Been over 50 minutes and no crashes at all.

Hello ? I hope you can answer my question since those games are being test for about one hours without crashes.

I also test other games for about an hour and some a little over an hour and PASSED:

Super Mario 3D Land (Europe) - PLAYABLE - NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - OK!

New Super Mario Bros 2 (Europe) -PLAYABLE- NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - OK!

The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds (Europe) - PLAYABLE - NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - OK!

The Legend of Zelda - Majora’s Mask 3D (Europe) - PLAYABLE - NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - OK!

The Legend of Zelda - Majora’s Mask 3D (Europe) - PLAYABLE - NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - OK!

Shinobi (Europe) - PLAYABLE - NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - OK!

Azure Striker - GunVolt 1 (Europe) - PLAYABLE - NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - OK!

Rodea - The Sky Soldier (Europe) - PLAYABLE - NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - OK!

Project X Zone 2 (Europe) - PLAYABLE - NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - OK!

And few other games did failed due to OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATIONS. That’s strange.

FAILED in 10 minutes:

Project X Zone (Europe) - PLAYABLE - OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - FAILED!

Blaster Master Zero (Europe) - PLAYABLE - OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - FAILED!

Might GunVolt Burst (Europe) - PLAYABLE - OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - FAILED!

Super Smash Bros. (Europe) - PLAYABLE - OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - FAILED!

Azure Striker - GunVolt 2 (Europe) - PLAYABLE - OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION - FAILED!

STRANGE:

Project X Zone 2 passed and Azure Striker - GunVolt 1 passed without a problem and NO OUT OF MEMORY APPLICATION.

Yeah, played for about an hour. Most games above passed are about at least one hour played that I tested.

Just want to report it to you to see how far I can played instead of 10 minutes crashes. Again, yes those games are able to passed about an hour of playing without crashes.