Bottom Screen replaced by Top Screen

Issue:
I have installed Citra on the Raspberry Pi 5 successfully with this link: Official Linux Build
and after installation, I then played both Pokemon X and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire but it seems that the 2nd or B screen (What ever you call it, it is the screen where the minimap or keyboards shows up) doesnt appear and is replaced with the 1st or A screen (The main game screen).

System Information

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (24.1 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

System Information for Support

Client Version                               8e2415f  master-8e2415f45
Operating System                             Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
CPU                                          ?
Graphics API                                 Unknown (?)
Graphics Renderer                            ?
GPU Driver Version                           ?
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Shader                              [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.

The Issue persists when I do the Vsync Option.

Anyway, what I found out is that the current physical device for Vulkan, V3D 7.1.7, replaces the bottom screen with the top screen and when I replaced the Physical device to llvmpipe (LLVM 17.0.6, 128 bits), the bottom screen is back, but it gets very laggy. So solution not found yet.

1 Like

I can confirm this - same issue. I also found this video, which shows the same issue.

Let me know when you find a fix!

There is a fix, but with a catch. In the build installation instructions (only used when installing manually and not with flatpak), replace citra on the github link to citra-canary, this way the latest citra canary version is installed and not the main citra version. The only catch (Maybe it’s just me) is that the second screen shows black, and there are a few missing textures. I have posted this issue here

1 Like