BOTW, Wolf Link Amiibo

Hey :slight_smile:

I recently experimented with amiibo (both IRL with amiibo figurines on my switch and in Yuzu using bin files from amiibo dumps). Mostly BOTW and ACNH amiibos

Now, I experience difficulties when trying to use the Wolf Link amiibo (its corresponding bin file) in BOTW on Yuzu. The figurine works as expected when playing BOTW on real hardware.

Looking up online got me to 2 different explanations:

• the Wolf Link amiibo is “special” since the switch needs to write to it (rather than only read from it) and thus this is not supported on emulators (on Yuzu specifically?).
  • some people recommend to use Ryujinx to use the amiibo (its corresponding bin file) and then transfer the save file to Yuzu. This seems a little radical to me, right?

Can anyone here give me up to date and accurate information about this topic?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Best,
-a-

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

Dump your amiibo keys with lockpick on console and that should help it out. I use wolf link on botw all the time here :man_shrugging:

I must be doing something wrong…
Can you please point to a detailed tutorial?

Thanks
-a-

Dump amiibo keys with lockpick on console then they go in the same spot as your other keys for yuzu

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

(I’m surprised the wolf link amiibo is the only one giving me problems, though.)

Such is the struggle of experimental emulation & features that were ‘fixed’ after the fact :sweat_smile: