Bravely Default softlocks, FPS drops to 0, game completely freezes, but the sound still plays normally the moment you attempt to leave the “Specials” menu or interact with anything other than modifying the special attack moves.
Restarting the emulator seemed to have did a soft fix on the freeze by allowing me to leave the Special Menu but when editting Messages and leaving after, it froze once more.
- Operating System: Windows 10
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1989
- Game: Bravely Default (EU version)
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
citra_log.txt (22.6 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1989 HEAD-ee3eab5
Operating System Windows 10 Version 22H2 (Build 19045.3448)
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version 536.99
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
- You are using open source system files for Mii data. This will appear as your Mii having broken graphics, but will not affect the stability of the game. In order to resolve this, please refer to our guide on dumping system files. https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console/