Bravely Default - Original HD Font 0.8.7 (eng)

Hi. I have decided to make HD font for Bravely Default close to original one.

Download v0.8.7: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f_nUsG_1Hi8nLIpSmIEl0znvJ_sO6oYV/view?usp=sharing

The problem is there is a lot of pseudo text in the game (menu options “Ability”, “Magic” etc or the start tips), that are not text but images and it need to be reworked manually.
As a bonus I made better portraits and job icons. I took portraits from Status screen and exported it to other sections: Menu, Battle (but there is no frame in battle portraits yet). And I took job icons from Ability section and exported it to the menu.

• I DO NOT plan to rework graphical elements (weapon icons, magic icons, etc)

Screenshots:

How to install:

1. Launch Citra
  2. In the Citra menu Right-click on Bravely Default name
  3. Click “Open Custom Texture Location” and extract my Archive there
  4. In Citra go to Emulation → Configure → Graphics → Enhancements tab → Check “Use Custom Textures” → Press OK

Troubles:

1. Not sure why, but if I use any of Citra’s Texture Filtering (Anime4K, Bicubic , etc) I got a messy text - it starts to read letters from tex1_256x256_5FB0D351F6C6B039_9.png file instead of tex1_256x256_471AD059264ECF41_9.png
    So either you should not use Texture Filtering, or delete tex1_256x256_5FB0D351F6C6B039_9.png file from Font folder of my archive (some of your coma’s will become ugly)
  2. xBRZ texture filter still ruins the order of the menu (“Item”, “Magic”, “Ability” etc will be out of order)
Changelog

v0.8.7

• Done battle statuses (Reraise, Absorb Magic, etc.) Tell me, please, if I missed something (maybe some Monster skills)
  • Start menu
  • All small red Brave digits
  • In-battle messages: Critical!, Default!, Guard!, Missed, Level Up!
  • Some map icons
  • Other changes

v0.8.5

• Reworked most of the battle Statuses (“Poison”, “Fire-Weak”, “P.DEF 75%” etc.)
  • Reworked some more icons

v0.8

• Reworked digits and some text for Villagers mini game
  • Reworked some icons
  • Added new symbols in font sheet
  • Reworked some pseudo text
  • Other changes

v0.7

• Reworked some digits and text in after battle screen
  • Reworked messages “Speak”, “Enter”, “Proceed”, etc
  • Other changes

v0.6

• Initial release
1 Like

Oh god. This looks amazing! Great job!

1 Like

Version 0.7 is out

Changelog
  • Reworked some digits and text in after battle screen
  • Reworked messages “Speak”, “Enter”, “Proceed”, etc
  • Other changes

Great job, it looks perfect.
I was working on a similar pack for Tactics Ogre for the psp (also a Square Enix game from around the same time) and since it shares a few fonts I figured I could do this too but you beat me to it :grin:.
In particular the numbers look great, can you tell me what font did you use? Closest I could find was Hoefler but with a modified 4, 5 and 7.

Thank you!
For digits I used Garamond font (Adobe Garamond Pro and Garamond Premier Pro) I think it is 90% match - some digits have very small differences.

Version 0.8 is out!

Changelog
  • Reworked digits and some text for Villagers mini game
  • Reworked some icons
  • Reworked some pseudo text
  • Other changes
1 Like

v0.8.5 is out!
See actual Changelog and screens in the first post.

v0.8.7 is out!

Changes:

• Done battle statuses (Reraise, Absorb Magic, etc.) Tell me, please, if I missed something (maybe some Monster skills)
  • Start menu
  • All small red Brave digits
  • In-battle messages: Critical!, Default!, Guard!, Missed, Level Up!
  • Some map icons
  • Other changes
1 Like