Bravely Default Ouroboros final phase slowdown

Don’t know if this was answered before, but I seem to have an hard time to find information on this just by googling. Basically, the speed values drop from the usual 100% to 80%-60% during the final phase of the Ouroboros fight. Tried Canary, but didn’t seem to solve the problem. Also I was trying to record it for a playthrough of mine using OBS. I’m new here, so not sure if I posted this correctly.

Is a diagnostic log absolutely needed? I didn’t want to go to the the trouble of making it to the final phase just for that.

System Information

Operating System: Windows 10
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.70 GHz 2.70 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 720
Citra Version: Nightly 1272, Canary 1361
Game: Bravely Default

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

A simple reply to tell me if I have to, would be nice you know.

Yes and no, slowdowns are usually due to either “unoptimized” emulation and/or high hardware demand, which may not be present itself as an issue on your log.

however it could be a bug causing this performance, which may be present in your log. so its best to upload your log, which also contains your citra settings.

to avoid wasting time, right after you are able to reproduce your issue upload your log file, either while running your game or right after closing citra. each time citra is opened a new log is generated overwriting the previous one.

Thanks for the answer. I will see if I can do so at the earliest time possible.

citra_log.txt (163.8 KB)

Is this okay?

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1368 HEAD-d86663e
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GT 720/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [ ]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
  • You are using open source system files for Mii data. This will appear as your Mii having broken graphics, but will not affect the stability of the game. In order to resolve this, please refer to our guide on dumping system files. https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console/

Update your GPU driver, also try playing with ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ disabled, it may improve performance on certain occasions.

Alright. I will try and see what happens.

Well, didn’t work. I don’t know what causes it, but I’ve noticed that ocasional slowdowns also happen in the Grandship’s cockpit area. And since one of the cutscenes in the final battle take place there, maybe it could be the cause?

I’m going to try to skip that cutscene and see if it changes anything.