Breath of the Wild, rendering issue when using bow of light

Hi, I noticed when playing Breath of the Wild and using Bow of Light, there is a rendering issue that a strong flashing glare happens, that makes my eyes hurt. I tried lot of combination of Graphics settings as well as NVIDIA 3D settings but I could not get rid of it.
I hope the community here can give me some hint about it…
My video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

yuzu_log.txt (2.4 MB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 966
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz | AVX
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           512.15
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Disable all mods except for the ‘disable dynamic resolution’ one and right click the game in yuzu when it isnt running and remove all pipeline caches.

Thanks. Seems like remove all pipeline caches do the trick. Could someone explain why the pipeline caches affect the rendering and the symptom happens? I am not an expert of the 3D rendering.

EDIT: Seems like problem comes back after playing for 15mins. Would there be other graphics settings and/or NVIDIA 3D settings I need to set? When this happens, I also noticed that the trees are flickering.

Another type of rendering problem. This happens during day time with sunlight…
I noticed these problems were happened lately. So I wonder if there is a problem with the latest build 966.

I have the same problem with the graphics, after half an hour or an hour of play flashes appear like the ones in your image.
Any solution?

So far the only solution is using Vulkan instead of OpenGL. However, using Vulkan has shown another problem on displaying Hero’s path (Please see my another post for the details).
This isn’t happen in the past. I hope the development can fix this problem soon.

??? @garymak How do you use the Bow of Light outside the final fight against dark beast ganon???

EDIT: or is this the twilight bow from the zelda amiibo? (SSB amiibo)?

No… it is the bow of light.

How do you do this exactly?

Sorry, I cannot tell you how to get it exactly. It may violate the rule on the forum.
I am pretty sure other people on this forum know how to do it.

You may want to ask others, so that they can answer it, if the information is legal here…

1 Like

Got it, thanks. I’ll google my way in I guess :wink:

Save editing is legal. They have website to even modify your save to give you weapons or items Savegame Editor – The legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

Thanks Ghost666 to clarify.