(Bug) MacOS Can't Make Citra Window Larger Without Cropping

Whenever I try to enlarge the Citra window. The game experiences cropping.
In this window when Citra first launches everything is alright, but the window is small.

But when I make the window larger the game experiences cropping as seen below.

Hopefully this will get fixed sometime soon.

System Information

• Operating System: MacOS
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in titlebar): citra-osx-20170131-d0bf7df
  • Game: Pokemon Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Thanks,
JC

{MacOs} Can't resize window Pokemon Moon

You should include the log in case it provides any additional insight into your problem.

How would I get a log?

It should have told you in the template before you submitted your post. But here:

This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

1 Like

I can’t find those files in MacOS

Oh, whoops. That was for Windows. :sweat:

Basically, navigate to your Citra installation directory in your terminal. Then type “citra-qt 2> log.txt” without the quotes.

Then boot up the game, encounter the error, and close Citra. Then upload the text file somewhere and link it in your original post.

1 Like

Screen resizing is currently broken in MacOS builds. This issue is documented here https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/1883

I have found a work around.
To begin you should first resize the citra menu, so when the emulator is on, the window is the same size as the menu.

citrawindow.jpeg
I can’t even get the window to be the same size as yours. matter of fact i can’t make it any bigger then this. it’s this size when it starts and if i resize it, it just moves the 3ds screens out of the window or crops them like yours. i’ve tried resizing, closing and reopening but no luck. can you explain your workaround?
Thanks
System Information

• Operating System: MacOS
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in titlebar): 7ef905e
  • Game: Pokemon Moon