But I've Never Changed My system's Clock

What Can I do For The Game To Stop Thinking I Changed The System’s Time?

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Citra’s default settings have your operating system’s clock tied to your emulated console’s clock. However, once in a year, your operating system’s clock is moved forwards or backwards in time automatically. That might be what the game is complaining about. There’s nothing you can do about that I’m afraid. I’m not really expecting any real issues though.

Where I live, no daylight savings etc have happened recently and this kept happening to me on the latest nightly build (1734). The worst case was when I closed Citra, immediately reopened it and the game thought I’d changed the time even though I never touched the in-game or my pc’s clock. The time would also change by absurd amounts, often going back in time by 3 hours and an arbitrary amount of minutes. With Tomodachi Life, being locked out of seasonal and daily items for 2 days isn’t exactly ideal just because the emulator decided it’s 3 hours behind.

On an older nightly build, this clock issue never happened. Also decided to try Canary, and the issue didn’t pop up. Will have to see if this holds true in the future though.
Weirdly enough, after using the Canary version, I opened up the nightly build again and it didn’t bug me about the time being changed. It’s probably gonna bug out again though.

Update: no problems with this issue using Citra Canary. At least a different build solves the problem.