Can I run the pokemon games and if no why not

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
Your topic will be unlisted if the below template is not filled out entirely.

System Information

• Windows 8.1
  • CPU: Intel core i5M520 @ 2.40 GHz
  • GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
  • Nightly Build - 61442d6
  • Game: Pokemon OR/AS

Edit: Laptop: Dell Studio 1558 i5 model 6GB RAM

Yes, you could run games generally in Citra, because the GPU supports OpenGL 3.3.

However, for Pokemon, probably no, because the CPU single core performace isn’t high enough for the game to be enjoyable.

You could try running games, such as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D that don’t require high-end hardware and could be enjoyable at the same time.

None of the Pokemon games? + All what I need now is a better CPU or GPU?

Well, as for performance, all of the Pokemon games would run pretty slow (except Mystery Dungeon).

You would need get a CPU that has decent single-core performance (over 1800 in this graph):
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

What about Turbo Boost if activated if i can activate it will it help

Turbo Boost would help by a bit, since it will increase the frequency, but it will still run pretty slowly.

Oh… too bad. Well then I guess I’ll have to get a nee laptop Thx anyway :smiley:

@GDhex12 I have even lower end computer & i get 60 fps (FRAPS) = ~30 fps quite easily , & I am playing Pokemon Sun.

Can you please tell me the specs?

Your CPU is MUCH better than mine.

@RamaTonn is right. Your CPU has WAY higher single-core performance scores (1818 vs 1094, and that is a big difference).

And I also tried running Pokemon Moon and AS in Moon I had like 150 fpsat 400 speed until The professor called and all the animations started everything went grey and fps dropped to 5 and speed to 12 in AS I dont remember numbers all what I remember is that the first screen didnt load at all it was black.

Extremely sorry… :sweat_smile: I misread it.

No problem :slight_smile: I need a new laptop anyway