Can´t load my save in Pokemon Y

Issue:
I have updated citra and since then i can’t load the save, even though i can load the game

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 11

• CPU: Intel i7 9750H

• GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 TI

• Citra Version (found in title bar): 1816

• Game: Pokemon Y
    citra_log.txt (46.4 KB)

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1816   HEAD-d117132
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           526.98
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

First of all, turn of Dump Textures. I don’t know why people keep enabling this, it makes no sense.

Secondly, save states are not a replacement for in-game save files. They start breaking if you keep only using them for your progress. They’re meant for usage within single gaming sessions, not beyond them.

With that out of the way, are you getting an error when loading your save state? If so, what does it say?

Hello, thank you for the info.

Unfortunately it doesn’t give an error, it just crashes after 2sec.

Also i haven’t been playing since July, when i have done the last save state.

Save states eventually break as Citra updates. So that’s probably why. Another reason not to use them beyond single gaming sessions.

I might be able to find out which version of Citra you were using though. Which save state slot are you trying to load?

1 Like

I can´t open none of them. How can i find the save file in my computer?

Which save state slot holds your most recent progress? That’s the one I’ll try to find out the build for. I assume it’s last one that was saved, but that isn’t always the case for everyone.

Yes, it is the Slot 2 or 10.

Both of those seem to come down to this build: Release nightly-1774 · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Download the citra-windows-mingw-20220717-2d95b99.7z build from that page. Extract it using winrar or 7zip and run the citra-qt.exe from the extracted folder. Load your save state, then save in-game. Now you can go back to the most recent Citra build, and load the in-game save file.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you very much!

1 Like

citra_log.txt (5.5 KB)
citra crashes when loading this save file

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

The log file is incomplete. Make sure you follow the steps carefully:

1. Open Citra, then go to File>Open Citra Folder (Citra>Open Citra Folder if on MacOS) and open up the log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
  2. Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close Citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart Citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
  3. Now upload the log file in this chat.