Can’t load save files/states (std bad_alloc) - Pokemon Omega Ruby

Issue:

After updating to Citra Nightly 1802, I can’t load my save file on Pokemon Omega Ruby. I can’t remember the last version of Citra that I used to play that game. Can someone help me?

Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 10 Home Single Language
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz
  • GPU: AMD Radeon ™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1802
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Here’s the Save/load Error prompt window whenever I try to load the game.

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (65.6 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1802   HEAD-a93d7a8
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx   | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics
GPU Driver Version                           22.8.2.220819
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

See

Hi sir, which one I need to extract and what’s the build for? Sorry, need further assistance. It is my first time to do these things. @tywald

Is there a way to know which is the version I used to play that game? I can’t remember the specific version… Kindly assist. Thank you. @tywald

Download citra-windows-mingw-20221023-a2daef2.7z under Assets from the GitHub link.

I did that already however I didn’t recover the in-game save file from the game. Is there a way for me to identify which Citra version I used when I played the game so I can recover the in-game save? @tywald

You should be able to load the save state on that version, then save in-game. If that doesn’t work then the only way I know to find out is to open the save state in a Hex Editor and check the hash but that is complicated.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Save states are not replacements for regular in-game saves.

So, there’s no way for me to identify which version I used to play the game aside from the Hex Editor? Is there a way for me to know the save state aside from doing it manually like downloading every version and hope that’s the Citra version with the save state? @tywald

More info on that here:

I basically never use save states, only in-game saves as they are stable.

This seems so complicated… Thanks for these. I guess, I need to be more careful next time in frequently getting copies of my in-game saves. Thank you @tywald

1 Like