Issue:
Can’t run Super Street Fighter IV – Intel HD Graphics 4000 OpenGL 4.0

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit
  • CPU: i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4.0
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly | HEAD-5880771
  • Game: Super Street Fighter IV
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): In attachment

Log:
(log.txt is a blank 0kB file since citra immediately force closes).

looks like you have wrong/no driver installed. go to intel’s website and download the latest driver

Latest drivers installed from HP website (Intel website installer quits and instructs me to download drivers from my manufacturer only).

Also, Geeks3D GPU Caps Viewer shows OpenGL 4.0.

The only GPU drivers that are installed are the generic Microsoft ones, and that means that no actual Intel drivers are installed.

Make sure you’re getting these drivers?

Yes, those are the drivers I’m getting.
The installer quits and instructs me to download drivers from my manufacturer only.

The GPU drivers I have are not the generic Microsoft ones but the Intel ones from HP’s website if that’s relevant.

Can you open the Device Manager and show what’s inside the “Display Adapters” tab?

Sure!

Could you try uninstalling these drivers and reinstalling them again to see if Citra works / has a different log?

My suspicion is that this is somehow related to the drivers I’m using to connect to an external HDMI monitor through USB 3.0 (even though that monitor is not plugged at the moment). I’m not willing to go through the hassle of uninstalling/reinstalling everything without knowing for sure that would even solve anything, so I’ll just be keeping an eye on future Citra releases for this.

I’ve just tried on a different, lesser-specced HP laptop and it worked out-of-the-box flawlessly and at full speed for some ROMS, so at least I know for sure that I have the necessary punch to run a 3DS emulator in the future. Keeping fingers crossed for Pokemon X/Y.

I have the same exact GPU, and I can confirm that the drivers are pretty odd (For me, the newest driver couldn’t change the driver, and the older preinstalled driver could but had some other fallback I can’t remember. Even with Citra aside, getting proper drivers from your manufacturer would be a good idea, because the generic drivers aren’t really meant for permenant use. Proper drivers would be more stable, and should have performance.

Exactly what brand laptop do you have? Mine is a Lenovo, so I got my drivers from their website.

As stated above: I use the drivers from the manufacturer (HP).